Optimization is very important to reach the largest audience possible. It helps you boost traffic and sales, allows for better conversion rates, and gives you a chance to secure high rankings on search engines.
Knowing what your customers want, how they find you, and where they live can help you better connect with them. A great e-commerce website helps you understand the basics about your customers, for example, demographics like their locations, age groups, and how they found you.
You can use tracking to analyze the browsing behavior of your visitors and get a better understanding of their needs. You can then use that information to create offers that are more relevant, personal and compelling.
Keep your company and products in front of the right people. Search engine optimization is an essential part of a successful digital marketing strategy. The first step is to engage customers. Once people know you exist, they’re more likely to buy from you if they need what you sell.
What is SEO for e-commerce?
- SEO for e-commerce is about improving your store's ranking in search engines such as Google. It does that by focusing on quality content and developing an optimized website.
- SEO for e-commerce focuses on developing an overall plan to make your business more visible. You need to use all the tools available to you, including inbound marketing and PPC ads, as well as other methods like creating videos and social media posts. Once you work through this process, your store will quickly gain visibility online and start ranking in Google.
SEO Commerce best practices
- The task of boosting e-commerce traffic is more complex than other kinds of online marketing. With millions of online retail sites in existence, it’s not always easy to make your site stand out.
- You can bring your rankings up quickly by using the best practices of online marketing.
- Start by setting up a strong website or blog from which to build these attributes.
- Establish yourself with an industry-relevant Facebook page, Google+ profile and YouTube channel.
- You can also turn to good old email marketing as a key source for extending your reach online.
Start by addressing fundamentals like:
4Creating unique content
5Including alt text for images
6Whether you’re just starting out and looking for the best ways to manage your eCommerce store, or are ready to take your business to the next level, creating a powerful, high-performing site with all the features and functionality you need is key.
Optimize Product Pages for Better Ranking
- Keep a close look at your on-page user optimization if you want to attract and acquire new customers. It is important because it raises your site's ranking, resulting in increased organic traffic and conversions.
- Because not every aspect of your e-commerce site requires optimization, let's concentrate on the ones that are most important to online retailers in this section: product descriptions, images, and reviews.
1Improve Your Product Descriptions
A product page is interesting because it contains a variety of features that all require attention. You also want a few things to stand out on the page in order to engage visitors and entice them to click through.
To begin optimizing your e-commerce product pages, consider three key factors:
- What are the most important elements on the page?
- How can you make the most of these elements in terms of visibility and impact?
- How can you use this information to improve the effectiveness of your product description?
Start thinking about what you can do to improve the impact of your product descriptions. This could include things like
- Multiple, high-quality, unique images with keywords, as well as detailed, keyword-rich descriptions
- Calls to action (CTAs) and testimonials
2Optimizing your images
Optimizing your images for SEO will result in higher search engine rankings, more traffic from potential customers, and traffic from social media channels.
Here are some tips for image optimization:
- Choose appropriate images for your platform. Your host will usually specify the best image sizes and other image guidelines
- Captions and alt tags for images should be provided
- Use appropriate keywords in file names
Because so many people rely on them, reviews are critical for e-commerce success. They also aid in the development of trust with potential customers and the improvement of conversion rates.
Before we continue, here are some more optimization tips:
- Canonical tags can be used to connect duplicate product pages and similar group products
- Create a well-written page with the necessary product information, an image of the product, and a video of it in action
- Include at least one call to action (CTA) on your product page. "Add To Cart" or "Check Availability," for example
4Make Certain That Your Website Is User-Friendly
UX is a shortened form for user experience. Good design can improve UX by making the aesthetics more visually appealing.
However, UX is also about ensuring that visitors can find what they are looking for, keeping them engaged while browsing, and delivering the best possible experience to visitors.
Many factors can have an impact on UX, but a few stand out:
- Ads should not hinder the user's view of the content.
- Your website should be mobile-friendly and load quickly.
- Any website should be clutter-free and simple to use.
- CTAs should be included so that customers know what to do next.
5Long-Tail Keywords Should Not Be Ignored
A long-tail keyword is a term that has a low search volume but still meets the relevancy criteria for your business. They also convert well because they are a better match for what the searcher is looking for and provide more traffic.
Long-tail keywords are beneficial for:
- Competitive niches
- Increased conversion rates
- Ranking new sites more easily
6E-Commerce Link Building
Link building is an SEO ranking factor. Quality links indicate to Google that your site is credible. Backlinks also have an impact on how your website ranks for specific keywords.
Doesn't that sound fantastic? But how do you go about creating these vital backlinks?
Here are a few ideas:
- Establishing internal backlinks
- Using social media ads to write guest posts
- Social media content sharing
- Distributing press releases
- Writing blog comments and participating in forums (if allowed)
- Creating and disseminating infographics online issuing whitepapers and case studies
The most important thing to remember is that e-commerce SEO takes time. It is an ongoing strategy that must be assessed and analyzed constantly as you go to achieve the best results. Thinking of hiring a digital marketing for e-commerce? Wise choice. You can even make it wiser by choosing HOVO Digital - the best digital marketing agency there is, that will understand your objectives and then assess and research thoroughly so as to come up with a failproof and highly-effective SEO strategy for your e-commerce business.
So are you ready to build your e-commerce business stronger than ever? Then, get in touch with HOVO Digital as soon as you can!