When it comes to B2B SEO, the toughest task is coming up with the right strategy! Having strong organic visibility across all stages of the buying cycle is a proven way to accelerate growth.
Our team of B2B experts has created a handy guide to help you successfully craft a B2B SEO strategy. By implementing these techniques and staying consistent, your B2B brand will successfully climb Google’s rankings, and you’ll be on your way to becoming a thought leader in your industry.
1Analyze, Research, Create
Create a B2B buyer persona
- A buyer persona is one of the most important tools when it comes to building a successful B2B SEO strategy. It can help you visualize who your ideal customer is and what they need, want and expect from a product or service.
- Having clear narratives will ensure that when you are creating content for your website, it has the potential to resonate with your audience.
- Managing multiple buyer personas and creating compelling content for them is not an easy task. The more you can narrow down your target customer’s needs, the better you will be able to cater to their specific wants and needs.
Use the right research tool
- When you’re looking to come up with a comprehensive B2B SEO strategy, there are right and wrong research tools that work best for your business.
- Google-specific tools like Google AdWords, Keyword Planner, and Google Trends help you find out how a keyword has performed in searches and what's trending.
- Other tools like SEMrush help you identify keywords, track your competitors' ranking and do competitor research.
Choose keywords for people, not businesses
- Just like your content team knows to write for people, your SEO efforts should be aimed at the individual people you’re trying to reach as wel. To do this well, you have to know who those people are and what they need.
- Presumably, this is something you already have a fairly good understanding of from market research, your zero-party data, and/or buyer personas.
Create SEO-optimized landing pages
- Landing pages are effectively what makes or breaks the number of leads you garner. Creating them is not difficult at all and requires only a few steps.
- Key elements of an optimized landing page should begin with a catchy and effective headline that relates to your CTA and then an offer with a brief description of its benefits.
- Other than that, focus on the
1Having a clear purpose
2Add a catchy line
3Insert an effective CTA
4Use images/animations and simple form
Optimize every webpage
- Your website's pages all hold equal importance! Any of your pages may be viewed by visitors, and Google will crawl each and every one of them. To ensure that each page ranks highly, include valuable keywords in each of your web pages.
- Select a few key terms to use consistently throughout your website while brainstorming your on-page strategies, and then concentrate on various keywords for each page.
- For instance, you might concentrate on B2B PR and B2B marketing on every page while concentrating on SEO-related keywords solely on your SEO service information page.
Optimize your pages’ metadata
- A brief summary of the website's content is displayed to users in the meta description. Although they do not affect rankings, meta descriptions are a crucial SEO feature. They may affect the number of users who click on your pages and how they appear in search results.
- We recommend including keywords in the meta description to help the search engines find your site better. If you don’t include keywords, they’re not going to know what you’re talking about when someone types them into the search bar.
Don’t avoid H1 tags
- H1 tags can make or break your website’s ranking in search engines like Google. If you have a single H1 tag that isn’t targeting keywords, it could be hurting your page’s performance.
- It might not seem like much in the grand scheme of things, but any little detail is an opportunity to gain back some traction with search engines.
Make sure to keep titles under 60 characters
- Long titles are not ideal for SEO or user experience, as they put the focus on the part that gets cut off mid-sentence.
- A good tip is to make sure your title is no longer than 60 characters—this way it will appear as one long word in search results, rather than two or more clipped words.
Build credibility with Blogging
- Blogging is a great way to build authority and credibility for your business. With new writing and updated content, you’re able to improve your chances of showing up higher in search results and reach more people with your business message.
- Your blog can make a significant impact on your online visibility and search engine traffic. Online content is a great way to build authority, attract leads and grow your business. Your blog helps create a reputation for thoughtfulness and expertise, which are valuable qualities in keeping customers loyal to your company.
Always keep quality over quantity
- Don’t be afraid to take your time and focus on quality. If you wait until you have a lot of content to put out, you could be waiting for months, so don’t allow yourself to get too far behind schedule!
- Posting at a slower pace gives Google more time to crawl through your blog, find pieces and rank them accordingly — so make sure every post is written with care and attention.
Focus on both On page and Off page
- On-page searches have a high correlation with off-page search results. That's why it's important to construct relevant, usable web pages and blog posts.
- The more relevant your B2B website is in Google's eyes, the more likely you are to appear for specific terms thus resulting in higher ranking on Google.
- To know more aboyut B2B SEO strategy, get in touch with us. Being an insanely amazing B2B digital marketing agency, providing best B2B services, HOVO Digital can give you a failproof customized B2B SEO strategy that will increase your sales and make your business a huge success!
So, get in touch with HOVO Digital and book your free consultation call before it is too late!